Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Final Reflection

Nate's Point of View on Geometry.

This year in geometry was a great experience filled with learning and shape drawing. My geometer became my best friend, but I will hopefully never have to talk to it again after finals. I feel as if I have learned a lot through all the units, and I knew I grew because the doctor said I have grown 3.5 inches this year. I still feel like I could polish my skills of finding surface area, but I feel as if my volume skills are quite impressive. My favorite blog post was the math safari. I am proud of how I have done on tests this year, but feel as if I could have paid more attention sometimes. The nicest thing I did for someone was when I didn't bully Liam and when I didn't thrown paper airplanes at Marco; however, I was sick that day. I think the best advice to give to incoming ninth graders for geometry would be to make sure to draw as many shapes as possible as often as possible.


He hates these cans! This image really captures the year in math because we created cans and cans are cylinders and cylinders are prisms and prisms can have there volume and surface discovered, and i V and SA can be discovered, then it was made of shapes, and if it was made of shapes, it can be drawn as shapes, and if it can be drawn as shapes, it is geometry, and if it is geometry it is a chain of reasoning.

1 comment:

  1. As always, you make me laugh. I am glad you didn't bully Liam or throw things at Marco.

    ReplyDelete